- Gujarat is one of the fastest growing states of the country with consistent GDP growth of nearly 13.50%.
- Liberal policies and congenial environment has attracted large number of corporate giants and multinationals to set up their manufacturing facilities in Gujarat such as TATA, General Motors, Maruti, ABB, Alstom, Panasonic and many more.
- Gujarat is number one in the country with the largest network of delivery of good power around the clock.
- Gujarat has also emerged as the automobile hub of the nation with all the major car, two wheeler manufacturers having their presence in Gujarat.
- Gujarat is the major player in harnessing the Solar Energy and is also one of the only state which has Inter river connectivity. It is also the only state which has a Forensic Laboratory.
- The agriculture development is the highest in the country with the GDP of 10% and more.
Surat is Gujarat’s second largest city and is one of the fastest growing business hubs in the country and is a thriving commercial centre. Surat is well connected by air and rail to Mumbai, Delhi, Jaipur and other Indian Metros.
- Surat is considered to be the financial capital and the growth engine of Gujarat.
- Surat is known as Silk city of India.
- Surat is the hub for production of synthetic textiles.
- Surat Textile Industry produces 25 Million Meters fabrics with around 7,20,000 weaving machines on daily basis.
|Overview of Surat Textile Industry|
|Total Nos. of Looms||6,00,000|
|Total Nos. of Process Houses||350|
|Total Embroidery Machines||1,00,000|
|Total No. of Textile Shops/traders||75,000|
|Total Yarn Sales||Rs. 115 Bn|
|Total Fabric Production||14,600 Mn. Mts.|
|Daily synthetic grey fabric production capacity||25 Mn. Mts|
|Total Sale value of Fabrics||Rs. 850 Bn.|
|Total Employment In Textile Sector||1.5 Mn.|
|Annual Growth Rate %||5-7%|
Approach to Venue
- 12 Kms. from Surat Railway Station
- 5 Kms. from Surat Air Port
- 20 Kms. from N.H. No. 8 (By Pass Palasana – Sachin GIDC)
- Land Mark: In Between Khajod Chowkdi
Local Transport facilities like Cab / Taxi and Auto are easily available from Railway Station
Local Route from Railway Station
Railway Station - Delhi Gate - Udhna Darwaja - Bhatar Char Rasta - Althan Road - Sarsana